Wednesday 13 February 2013

Christina Perri - A Thousand Years



How to be brave?
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
------------------------------------------------------------------
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away what's standing in front of me
Every breath, every hour has come to this
------------------------------------------------------------------
I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

All along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more
- Christina Perri


Without knowing the situation, a lot of advice can be dumb.
"Man up. Tell her how you feel."
"You've got nothing to lose"
A crush can drag on for a while.
Sometimes the time just isn't right...for neither of us
There's something there but it never feels right to go any further.
So it drags on...and on.
We grow close and grow apart; we smile and then it fades
It's just a weird feeling to know that we're always on the border.
So who cares what other people say.
I'll be careful and wait until the time is right.
Then and only then will I "man up."
Not any earlier...only when the time is right.
I wouldn't dare risk something that I've cared for so long and so much for.
I've got everything to lose...
But it'll all be worth it.
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ christinaperri.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment