Monday 31 December 2012

Tegan and Sara - Call it Off



I won't regret saying this
This thing that I'm saying
Is it better than keeping my mouth shut?
That goes without saying

Call, break it off
Call, break my own heart
Maybe I would have been something you'd be good at
Maybe you would have been something I'd be good at

But now we'll never know
I won't be sad
But in case I go there
Everyday, to make myself feel bad
There's a chance I'll start to wonder if this was the thing to do

- Tegan and Sara


"Maybe I would have been something you'd be good at."
"Maybe you would have been something I'd be good at."
That moment when you talk about it like it's over but it hadn't even begun...
There wasn't ever a future with us.
I had no reason to continue.
So now I recall old memories...
Some good. Some bad.
Some happy. Some sad.
You're on Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or whatever...
...and everyday you show up on my screen.
I don't know why I put myself through this self-haunting/self-torture
Everyday...we could have been this or that.
But...I'll shrug it off.
...I won't be sad about it.
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ teganandsara.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment