Thursday 19 July 2012

Blind Pilot - Half Moon


That morning sky gave me a look
So I left while you were sleeping
That's all it took
And I chalked a line south down the coast
Going where my thirst was open
For the things that I don't know
Going where I wasn't paying
For the hurt that I owe
---------------------------------------------------------
It's not hard to live like a ghost
I just haunt all that I've wanted
And leave what I don't
I dreamt a trail up to the sky
And my brothers built propellers
Just to see how far they'd fly

So hold high how faint your reasons
(Or you'll never get on)
Don't you forget you come from nothing
(Or you'll never get on)
That wind is calling my name
I won't wait or I'll never get on
- Blind Pilot


Sometimes the greatest opportunities don't involve the people in your life.
The ones you care and think about.
...The ones who care and think about you.
Ditched, abandoned, curbed...whatever they say you're doing
Don't give up your dreams for someone else...
If you have to, go for new heights.
Go when all there is is a ceiling.
Why?
"Once in a lifetime" is called that for a reason.
So ditch, abandon and curb...and deal with it.
Putting up walls is easy.
It lets you decide how much you can hurt others.
But it's never about that.
It's about how to hurt them the least...
Because when you go that's the one thing you can count on...hurt.
So don't give up your dreams for someone else...
The right ones get through your walls.
...and the right ones will understand.
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ blindpilot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment