Thursday 5 September 2013

98 Degrees - You Don't Know



Who could know the emptiness inside
Every time I see your face
Too many feelings left behind
Do you wonder why I turn away when you look at me
Never wanting your eyes to see
This desperate heart that knows how perfect we could be

Baby cause you don't know how I feel
Livin' my life without you
Baby and you don't know what it's like
Lovin' you all this time
I'll give you all my love, heart and soul
Riskin' it all on a chance
Now when I need you the most you don't know

- 98 Degrees


"Riskin' it all on a chance".
Sacrifice: giving things up for the happiness of another.
But we're talking about sacrificing for an opportunity to be with someone.
Just for a chance.
What would you sacrifice for a shot at love?
Your education? Your career?
Your friendship?
A chance to be with someone else?
Is it all just a bad idea?
You say you'll do this and that.
You can say you would give them the world.
That's just a part of loving people.
You have to compromise and give things up.
However, sometimes you have to give them up.
Why should you give up pieces of your life for someone who isn't a part of yours?
You're probably taking it a bit too far.
Preparing yourself for the time when she'll see that you're ready.
...A time that may or may not come.
So why waste your time?
How long are you going to drag this out?
Let go.
That's what life is about isn't it?
I suppose in the end the whole of life becomes an act of letting go.
But what always hurts the most is not taking a moment to say goodbye

Maybe you're ready to let go...
Just not ready to say goodbye.
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ 98degrees.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment