Thursday 1 August 2013

Kodaline - All I Want



All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die a happy man I'm sure

When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
See you brought out the best of me
A part of me I've never seen
You took my soul and wiped it clean
Our love was made for movie screens

But if you loved me
Why'd you leave me?
Take my body, take my body
All I want is, and all I need is
To find somebody

I'll find somebody, like you
- Kodaline


Do you really want to know?
The devastation of being lost and alone....
When the person you believed made you a better person makes you feel like nothing.
It was out of the blue/unexpected/unplanned.
It never crossed your mind because everything was so perfect.
But somehow you're a deer in the headlights.
Your future controlled by someone or something else.
Now you're in shock with no idea what to do next.
That's what it's like to be truly lost.
You would give anything to be with her again.
But you know that's not going to happen.
Should have, would have, could have...
So, you keep to yourself and wonder what you did wrong.
What could it possibly be or be big enough to tear you apart?
Do you really want to know?
It would make you a better person.
It would prevent it from happening again.
Knowing your mistakes is the only way to learn right?
Knowing will stop you from screwing up something so perfect.
If you loved me...why'd you leave me?
Maybe you don't have the courage right now to ask.
Maybe you don't want to ask.
Does asking mean you're closing the door on them?
Do you really want to know?
Getting over someone isn't easy.
It takes longer for some and sometimes significantly longer.
You have to figure out whether you want to commit again.
You have to convince yourself that this time will be different.
To move on from what you thought was perfect just isn't easy.
To find someone who's perfect..."like you."
Just...not you.
Are you ready?
Do you really want to know?
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ kodaline.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment