Friday 22 June 2012

Marianas Trench - So Soon



You say to yourself somebody better
Will understand you more than I ever
I'll shake his hand and smile and say I understand, and while I do
That don't mean I don't think about you

I know we said it's just as well
That I won't keep, keep you for myself
But I don't want you to see you happy with somebody else

Why can't you just be lonely?
I know you need somebody too
This just feels so soon
- Marianas Trench


When you connect the time it takes to get over someone
With how much they meant to you
You expect it to go both ways.
When it's not, you can't help but think, "if you are...then I should be over it too."
You start to think you've changed...
And that you're ready to handle it.
And all the things that were wrong, you've fixed.
Then comes the realization that you aren't but you want it to be so bad.
Why am I not capable? How do I do it?
How did you do it?...so soon?
Why can't you feel the pain I feel?
Because deep inside I wish you would.
Though we don't share that connection anymore
That's the last thing I'd wish we'd still share.
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ marianastrench.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment