Friday 21 June 2013

The 1975 - You



And you're a liar, at least all of your friends are
And so am I, just typically drowned in my car
It's my party and I'll cry to the end
You must try harder, you're kissing all of my friends, you
----------------------------------------------------------------------
And you're alive, at least as far as I can tell you are
And so am I, you beat me down and then we're back to my car
And it's so ironic how it's only been a year
And it's not my fault that I fucked everybody here

It takes a bit more, yeah it takes a bit more than you
- The 1975


Sometimes things don't turn out how you want them to.
Everything was in place.
It was all set up for success.
But it never lived up to expectations.
So I ask, what expectations come with this?
Who comes up with them?
Gossip says "they'll last a month or two" or "maybe four."
...Maybe it goes on for years.
Can you label expectations on all of your relationships?
Is it fair to pull out the "friendcard" or "bf/gf card"?
Can we expect a hiccup? a free pass? or a fairytale?
Who knows.
Just emphasize that maybe what we want isn't what we should always expect
Maybe they screwed up.
Maybe I did.
Maybe we both did.
So in retrospect, it was just a waste of time.
But the good thing about being independent is that you want each other rather than need each other.
...I guess I'm just as happy as I was before then..
So...whatever.
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ the1975.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment